Frames in Transmission Web Inspection
Optimum construction material for building industry-proof, flexible inspection systems
Carbon fiber beams are designed, engineered and constructed specifically for the purpose of absorbing machine-induced vibration. They are sturdy enough for the widest, over 12m wide machines in the world. The camera and strobe LED illumination modules are cooled by blown air through the camera and light beams.
Camera and light beams support different inspection geometries, starting from simple transmission or reflection measurement extending to complex top and backside multi-illumination measurements.
Some defects may be located in different layers inside the web which requires different illumination for detection. Procemex Smart Camera controls up to 3 separate strobe light sources simultaneously. The flashing of each light source takes place in individual sequences at the same point of web, resulting in the actual position being inspected 3 times, each under different light conditions. The results of the 3 measurements are combined for reliable conclusions on the defect type and location (top, middle, bottom layer).
- Compact smart cameras inside the camera beam
- No electronics cards or power supplies inside the beam
- Smallest size & lightest weight in the market (H270 x W190 mm)
- Eliminates machine-induced vibration
- U-shape camera and light frame give flexibility with moveable camera fixture
- Number of cameras can be increased/decreased inside the camera beam
- One camera frame can use 1-3 light profiles (light frames)
- In over 90% of cases light beam movement is not needed (focused light from 150-300 mm distance)