Automatic Winder Target Control
Running winder with optimum efficiency requires automatic defect finding in the process.
Running winder with optimum efficiency requires that winder operators know paper defects locations in advance. Based on accurate knowledge of the machine directional and cross directional defect location, operators can make educated decisions whether to keep full speed, slow down, crawl or stop the winder for patching the defect. This process can be also be automatic.
- Ensure that winder is not forming a bottleneck for paper production
- Remove defects to meet customer specifications
- Winder and re-reeler defect stop accuracy achieved by bar coding paper edge at paper machine and by reading the code at the next production phase
Rolls can be run again after winder at re-reeler in case it is necessary to remove defects and save rolls. As the bar coade is at that phase already removed, it is necessary to crawl the roll to the first defect and let the system synchronize the rest of the defects automatically.
Automatic Winder Target Control Features
- Enables automated re-reeler ad winder stop features
- Increases production line throughput
- Code verification ensures PM availability
- Provides absolute sheet position regardless of slab-off and shrinkage
- Fast code reader cameras enable small code size and low ink usage, keeping environment clean
- Successful encoding up to 2000 m/min, 6500 ft/min