Senior AI Engineer | Location Tampere or Jyväskylä
Due to the strong international growth, we are now seeking a Senior AI Engineer to join Procemex Ltd’s product development team.
At Procemex, we develop industry-standard software for PCs and smart camera devices. Our Machine Vision systems are used throughout the pulp, paper and board industry to measure and analyse our customer´s products quality and runnability issues.
We are offering a full-time, permanent position for a talented AI&ML developer to grow our AI knowhow and activities in Tampere or Jyväskylä, part of our software team. Remote work is also possible according to the agreement. You will play a key role in developing new AI and ML applications.
This is a unique opportunity to work with our industry customers and our internal stakeholders to develop the next-gen hardware that powers AI-based features. You’ll have a chance to implement, test and optimize the latest AI models before integrating them into our systems.
You will be working with programming languages and technologies such as Python, C++, OpenCV, Ten-sorflow, Keras, Docker and Microsoft Azure. We are interested in people who can utilize inference engines to accelerate AI performance. We also value someone who can use reasoning engines to accelerate AI performance. If you count some of these among your strengths, you could be who we are looking for.
- Coordinate, design, and develop AI-based applications or features from start to finish.
- Working in tight cooperation together with the company´s other software teams
- Communication and cooperation with our customers
- Presenting and reporting the results and statuses of AI development to the stakeholders
The position is available mainly at senior levels. Relevant experience is important, although we are good at recognizing talent in those who are more juniors in their career.
- Knowledge and experience of ML models (especially those applicable to computer vision)
- Understanding how to maintain/update ML models and how to characterize their performance
- Understanding of Python
- Knowledge of MLOps would be beneficial.
- Software engineering skills are a plus
- Experience of commercial cloud-based data and ML services/tools (MS Azure, AWS etc)
- Knowledge of DL frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch etc)
- A passion for AI-based technologies.
- Knowledge of AI models and how they are implemented.
- Responsibility and self-initiative
- Team working skills
- Interest in customer requirements and in ways to meet them with ML-based solutions
- M.Sc or B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field.
- An interest in the latest PC and camera hardware is a plus.
- Has previous notable experience in AI development
- Knowledge of GPUs and how to optimize such devices for AI
- Strong hobby projects, or contribution to an open source project or similar
- Knowledge of paper or other process industry
What’s in it for you
You’ll work with equally talented programmers, designers and engineers in an environment that’s friendly and casual. We work in small, self-managed teams that control their own time. You’ll enjoy a great deal of autonomy and responsibility while making a significant and visible contribution to our software and services.
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of cutting-edge technology in intelligent cameras
- A stable employer who is a market leader in the industry
- High-quality products
- A flexible organization with a particularly good team spirit and work atmosphere
- Diverse benefits (e.g., Smartum vouchers, health insurance, phone benefit)
- New and comfortable facilities in Tampere, or Jyväskylä
At Procemex, English is our second working language alongside Finnish. Therefore, fluent oral and written proficiency in English is crucial for this position.
Questions and Applying
Further information about the position and the recruitment process please contact Mikko Seppänen tel. +358 40 7720 815, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by filling out the form below or send your CV and application with salary request to Mikko Seppänen by email: email@example.com by 18th of February 2023
Apply for Open positions
Procemex is a fast growing globally operating technology company exporting over 90% of the annual 27 M€ turnover (forecast, FY2024). We develop world leading smart camera based solutions to pulp and paper industry. We are a clear market leader in our field of business. Procemex is headquartered in Finland and our subsidiaries are located in USA, Germany and Japan.